Welcome (7 Comments)

Hey everyone. Thanks for reading this and taking part in the movement to save sharks and the oceans. Saving sharks boils down to an issue of awareness. We can’t sit down to a buffet of tiger, panda or elephant because there is awareness about what’s happening to these animals. The public is generally unaware of the plight of sharks, so 100 million sharks killed each year goes largely unnoticed. With the oceans, what’s out of sight is out of mind, and when the public doesn’t know what’s going on, they can’t fight for protection. If we can make the issue public, and bring ocean conservation to the forefront, just as saving the whales, and now global warming are mainstream, we can save sharks and the oceans. For that reason, on this blog, and in life, help start the conversation about sharks and the oceans.

7 Responses to “Welcome”

1. Paul August 31st, 2007 at 2:14 pm

There is a cool way to help conserve sharks and learn more about them at the same time. Check out adoptashark.com where the public can adopt a shark that has been satellite tagged and they find out where it went. The money from the adoption goes to buy more tags and support the program. It is really cool. Right now they are tagging great whites in Guadalupe Island, you can even name the shark you adopt!

1. Allie September 3rd, 2007 at 6:24 am

Hey Robb,

I thought ‘Sharkwater’ was an amazingly powerful documentary. I’m an underwater videographer and I would love to put this documentary on the DVDs I sell to the divers that I film. I love sharks and filming them every day, it breaks my heart to see un-educated people around me, eating shark fin soup without any knowledge of the in-humane, barbaric treatment these sharks have suffered.

I’ll be making my own documentaries about it next year, but until then I’d love to help educate these people by adding ‘Sharkwater’ to these DVDs.

Let me know if you are interested and either way, thanks for your time and keep up the fantastic work.

Regards,

Allie Crawford

1. Angelita Li September 9th, 2008 at 4:42 am

Thank you for making such an important message to show the world. I totally agree and support this movement. But, I feel very helpless for all I can do is to ban all the events and gigs that include Shark Fins soup and other so called Delicacies that are so unnecessary and harmful to Wild Lives.

I feel that the immediate need and action is to let the world see the truth, I try talking to others but their misunderstanding has been so deep and they don’t seem to care about what is going to happen to their future generations.

What can I do? What more can I do?

I hope I can get some light…

Nonetheless, thank you sooo much for your great effort, and I will keep supporting this movement.

Angelita,
      (a profession singer and soon to be dive master from Hong Kong)

1. The Shark Saviors October 25th, 2008 at 1:26 pm

Hello everyone,
      We are the Sharks Saviors Team. We would like a minute of your time to tell you about our organization to help save sharks. We reside in Utah- a desert climate- but we still don’t let that restrict us from helping the ocean. If you would please visit our website http://sharksavior3.webs.com/ We would like you to take a look at our website and take a minute to read about what you can do to help save the ocean and it’s inhabitants.
      The Shark Saviors Team

1. natasha chaves May 19th, 2009 at 12:22 am

Wow! Thank you so much for putting out this wonderful film! I watched it with my family yesterday and was moved beyond belief. Although I was aware this was happening in the world I did not know to what extent.
      Now, after watching this documentary, I feel more equipped to speak out on behalf of the sharks. And let everyone know about what is really going on!

Natasha

1. Corttni Roberts October 27th, 2009 at 1:19 pm

Thank you so much for this great insight to sharks. I have never really feared them, I just stayed away from them. Mostly because I didnt know anything about them and I didnt want to scare them or anything. They are such a wonderful creature. I had to look away in most parts in your movie because the sight of them injured is just horrible.
      I feel as though Im a little useless. I am from Salinas California, but I am in the USAF stationed in New Mexico and I want to do anything to spread the word about sharks. Its not just sharks. I love all animals, but because of you I now have a new found respect for them. I just got back from Afghanistan and everyone I know is so wrapped up in whats going on over there with everything that alot of people dont stop and think about animals, even in general. Its a concern that everyone should be thinking about. I know its one problem at a time and we cant fix everything at once. I just want people to understand what I just learned about sharks. You are a very intelligent man and I very much appreciate the effort you put out in doing this movie. Thank you so much.
      Let me know if there is anything I can do.
      Amn Corttni Roberts

1. Sharks February 11th, 2010 at 4:22 pm

Every thought about bringing your message to South Africa ?, we have a active shark long line fishing industry and need to educate the public.