The Release Week (16 Comments)

Sharkwater hits theaters friday (Sept 28th) in Florida. It opens on 60 screens, the largest documentary opening in Florida’s history. We’re incredibly excited about it that most of the team can’t sleep at night. Everyone is really excited about it. The media is all talking about it, and the buzz is huge. People everywhere recognize the shark and truck, and have all seen the TV spots…. all my interviews have been incredibly positive… the media seem to be taking to the issue. They’re all referring to the film as the big buzz in film right now! So exciting! Launching in Florida first may seem like a bizarre thing to do, but there are logical reasons for it.
We’re trying to change the world’s perception of sharks so people will care enough about them to fight for their protection. If the shark bite capital of the world is already on the movement, pushing the rest of North America will be easier.
The biggest issue with ocean conservation and shark protection today is awareness… tell your friends in Florida to see the film. We need all the help we can get!
Rob

16 Responses to “The Release Week”

1. danielle delpino September 26th, 2007 at 9:43 pm

O MY GODD ROB I LOVE YOU!!!!!! you have totally changed my perspective on sharks…i dont want to go fishing now any more(and trust me its not a bad thing) lol. anyways i was at the school you came to today! you did an awesome job..and the poseters are allover the school. i hope you can come by and visti another day. alll the girls love you!!! and now all of the guys are jealous because the girls dont stop talking about you. I LOVE YOU ROB!!!!!!

GO SHARKS!!

AHH IO LOVE ROB!

1. danielle delpino September 26th, 2007 at 9:44 pm

I LOVE ROB!

1. Becky Jackson September 26th, 2007 at 11:34 pm

I am going to see the film tomorrow (September 28th) in Tallahassee, Florida. You have done and are currently doing what I can only dream of as of now. The fight to conserve these animals is something I have written about as well as educated others about. Thank you for showing the world what many of us have believed our whole lives. We do not live in fear of these brilliant creatures, instead we do more than admire and fight for them as well as respect them for what they have contributed and will continue to contribute to our planet.

Becky Jackson
      Florida State University
      Communications Major

1. danielle delpino September 27th, 2007 at 3:32 pm

well rob i heard you came by the school after school yesterday…i wanst there and i had no idea you were going to be there. anyways we are going on a fieldtrip tommorow to go see your movie, i am very excited!!!!!!! thank you though for sharing your time and education with us i know we all really appreciated it.

I LOVE ROB STEWART!!!

1. monica perez September 27th, 2007 at 5:47 pm

HI ror it is so cool how u came to our school st.timothy. i cant wait for the 28 cause were gooing to see it in theaters. ilove the entir story and wats really going on i would watch these shark attack shows and get so scared of sharks. but after i saw the preview and saw u like hugging the shark i was so impressed and now im dieing to do that. oh and 1 thing i forgot to mention is I LOVE U ROB STEWART AND UR TOTTALY HOT!!!! id love to hear from u email me!!!

1. Carina Reyes September 27th, 2007 at 7:48 pm

Hey Rob, I just saw your presentation at our school an it was really cool! I also saw you after school to get your autograph. I used to be scared of sharks but now that I know so much about them I really like them. I think what your doing is great and if i can do anything to help please let me know. And if u get the chance please please e-mail me!!! I love you!!

1. Carina Reyes September 27th, 2007 at 7:55 pm

I go to St.Timothy and im going to see the movie Shark Waters as a field trip tomorrow. i reallly hope u visit agian soon!! please please e-mail me.. well that is if your not saving sharks or anything. lol well hope to hear from you soon!!
      I LOVE YOU!!!!

1. Ronald Faber September 28th, 2007 at 12:52 am

I can’t wait till yhis film will come to our Dutch theatres. I really hope it will make a difference. Keep up the good work!!!

1. Andy September 30th, 2007 at 11:09 am

Hi Rob,

Thanks for putting together such a great, and important film! And congratulations on getting it out to such wide release.

My wife and I saw it last night here in Tampa, Florida. Like you, i’ve loved sharks since I was a kid, and learned to scuba dive because of it. My wife dives with me, but she said that this movie really opened up her eyes. She said she had no idea of the wholesale slaughter that is going on.

I’ll let my non-diving friends, who might still be attached to the media portrayal of sharks know about this film. Here’s to hoping for your great success.

Andy in Tampa

1. Rick October 8th, 2007 at 1:33 am

Congratulations!
      I’m so happy you’ve done this.
      Thanks, man.

1. Lisa October 18th, 2007 at 4:22 pm

Hi! That’s awesome. I saw the movie today, on BIFF(Bergen International Film Festival) here in Norway, and it was an AMAZING movie! You really touched us all with this movie! It was AMAZING!
      Thanks so much for making this movie!

1. Nance October 18th, 2007 at 6:04 pm

Hello Rob,

I have to tell you I saw your movie last week in Jupiter florida. I was sitting in the theater crying and mad. I couldn’t even speak for a while after. I am a lover of sharks and will do all I can to get the word out. Thank You so much for caring as much as you do. ” Save the sharks and save us all”

again thank you, Nance

1. james November 8th, 2007 at 2:24 am

Rob not only are you very courageous,but also very handsome there must be hearts breaking all over costa rica at your not going back.I wouldnt they would probably try somethin.
      I have always been afraid of sharks I was traumatized by “jaws” when I was 12.Always had that fear in my head since.However after watching your film I want to go down there and give a shark a big hug.
      I was very moved by your exposing the cruelty of the finning at sea.I was shocked and now have a new image imprinted in my mind ,replacing the old fear put there by the “jaws” movie.
      One of us committing such acts on such beautiful creatures.I am sitting up now one week after having seen your film listening to the music.What is keeping me awake is that image of the shark still alive sinking to the bottom of the ocean, or the ones thrown off the boat alive and cut up flailing around,and I can’t help but feel like it’s me.
      Such suffering is disturbing to see in the world.

1. Cella June 1st, 2011 at 6:41 am

Hello
      It’s a really intereting post you have here.
      I found the information to be corrrect but do you know anything about Khao Lak island in Thailand?

1. Scuba Equipment and Dive vacations June 8th, 2011 at 8:43 pm

What is the average cost to get certified in scuba diving?

1. okeyoyna February 6th, 2014 at 1:21 am

Excellent! Your article has a ton readers. How did you get so many viewers to look at your site I’m jealous! I’m still studying all about posting articles on the web. I’m going to look around on your blog to get a better understanding how to get more vis