Thanks!! (14 Comments)

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who supported the film in Florida. You were all so incredibly passionate about the cause and the film that it literally gave the whole team new life.
Rob

14 Responses to “Thanks!!”

1. Julian Gomez October 12th, 2007 at 7:00 pm

Well thanks for coming! Your movie was amazing ๐Ÿ˜€ And it was very cool meeting you. I made a video on it actually on my vLog on YouTube today … http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhLyZgqkrdw ๐Ÿ˜€

-Julian

1. Sabrina Begusch October 15th, 2007 at 3:06 pm

Hi to the whole sharkwater-team!

I live in the center of europe and I’m working as a volunteer for the WDCS (Whales and dolphins conservation society) – although my favorites are sharks, but there is no possibility in my country to work for an organisation that fights for sharks – since I am a little child I love the sea. That’s the reason why I want to do everything I can to save it.
      When I found your homepage, I knew that I must go and watch this great documentation as soon as possible, but I found no information about when it’s going to be in theaters in europe.
      But also when it will not be shown in europe i will watch it.
      At the end of the year I’m going to fly to NY – the first time in my life that I will be in America – and I know what I will do first when I’m there – go and see sharkwater ;o)
      Until then I’m going to read your book!!

Thanks to the whole team to make a film about the truth!

If there is anything I can do to help you, just tell me!

Greetings from Vienna (Austria)

Sabrina

1. Caitlin October 16th, 2007 at 6:11 am

Rob I just wanna say thank you! You are such an inspiration to me and so many other people! I wanna reach out to you and your cause like you reached out to me! please if u ever get the time, i would love to here from you! You are such an amazing person! I know you don’t kno me but ! would love to learn more about you and your views on the conservation of sharks and other marine life…I’m going to hawaii for christmas, it would be great if u could teach me a thing or two about sharks there! Please give me a link or e-mail me or something!!!

Save the Sharks!!!!

1. Michael October 18th, 2007 at 12:28 pm

Hey,
      I heard some great things about the film from George Buckley at the Boston Sea Rovers conference last year…
      I’m trying to organize a field trip for a whole bunch of middle school students… when and where can we see the film up in MA???
      Thanks

1. Kristine B Birkeland October 18th, 2007 at 4:45 pm

Hey,
      my name is Kristine and im 18 years old, i live in Norway.
      Me and my friends just saw sharkwater in the theater today, and we were all thunderstrucked!!! thank you so much for making that movie, to really cast some light over what is really happening. we had no ideรจ.. keep up the good work!!

Thanks!!

1. Elise and Nicole October 20th, 2007 at 8:32 pm

Dear Rob,
      My name is Elise and my best friend’s name is Nicole. We are sophomores at Washington College. I have always been passionate about the ocean and the creatures that live in it. Ever since I was a kid, I read books on dolphins and sharks (my mom acutally put up dolphin wallpaper in my room when I was younger). Nicole has been just as passionate, so when we saw the Sharkwater posters around our school we were very excited to see it.
      The documentary reached us in several ways (including some tears) and opened our eyes to the shark industry that we never knew existed. Thank you for giving us the oppurtunity of seeing it early, and we would like to know what we can do to help the sharks/ ocean.

1. Evan October 22nd, 2007 at 5:12 pm

Rob!

Though this reply is not in response to your Florida showings, I thought I’d try to reach out anyway. My name is Evan and I have created a sticker and website/movement that you might be interested in. In any event, what you’re doing is excellent and I can’t wait to see the film.

Evan

1. Leon October 23rd, 2007 at 7:28 am

dear Rob!

I have only read about this aswome movie and seen info on the web. I live in South Africa and cannot wait for it to show here! thankyou for doing this! i love sharks and admire your work!

suporting you in shark conservation!

1. Rob Stewart October 25th, 2007 at 5:58 pm

Evan – thanks for the sharklove heads up.
      I think anything promoting more love respect and admiration for sharks is something I’m down with. Send us some stickers!

1. Lily W. December 4th, 2007 at 9:41 pm

Rob Stewart,
      Your film was so incredible! At first, I went to see it for a TV Production class I am enrolled in. After seeing the film I was so utterly shocked and moved. You did an absolutely terrific job! Me and a good friend who also saw the movie on the pre-release date in Florida started a club at our high school. We have about 25-30 members and we’re hoping to get them all as enthusiastic about the cause as we are. Our goal is to raise money and donate it to causes and groups like the Sea Shepard. Since I was a kid, I’ve been interested in Marine Life and I went to a conference and met Mr. Paul Watson. I really admire and support the work that you do. You’ve inspired me so much!
      Lily

1. Susan November 20th, 2008 at 1:15 am

Mr. Stewart,

You are very young and have done so much good for the ecological welfare of some of the most important underwater species on this planet.

I wonder though, has fame taken over your sense of “good deeds” for your love and protection of nature? Are you “glam/money struck” and have lost your way home from the ocean depts and ended up in the smog, drug corrupt and mannipulative filled city of fake smiles, boobs and skin, never to return to wence you came?

You are CANADIAN! That holds a lot of power, strength and pride, to be cherished and not thrown away so easily.

Was there not a time when the Hollywood crowd turned you away when you were nothing? Canada accepted you into it’s film Fesitval with open arms? Yet now you reside in the very bossom of the traitors that cast you out? Why? Oh… they have better film people and more money!

Did you need all that to make Sharkwater a success? Did you you use your skill, hard work and passion for what you hold dearest? Yes! That is what is being a Canadian is all about!

I loved the movie. I finanicially supported your cauise. I volunteered to help. I passed the message to friends. I purchased the film.

I am now gravely diappointed that you have abandoned your own Country in order to be “A Hollywood Film Success” and state that it is all about “saving ocean species”! You look like a scam artist to me now, not like a man that loved his dream and word do anything for it. Now you look like a corporate sell out.

Enjoy your money and fame as it will not last if it is not based on truth. It never does.

Good luck, Mr. Stewart.

Susan

1. Sheridan Macgowan March 25th, 2010 at 4:21 am

This has to be the best tv show ever…

1. Porfirio Pokorny May 26th, 2010 at 11:06 am

Nice video production! I was just wondering if you used avid media composer? Great work!

1. Dating Sites August 11th, 2011 at 1:15 am

Greetings from Brisbane, Australia. I’ve only been blogging for about 6 months now. I find it quite theraputic to put my thoughts into words on a screen. My favourite theme is Thesis. Thanks for sharing.