Tiger Sharks with Jim Abernathy and Shark Angels (8 Comments)

Never thought I’d meet someone as passionate about sharks as I…… then I met Jim Abernathy. He’s spent more time underwater with big sharks than anyone else on earth. He just so happens to have the best large shark dive encounter in the world. I just came back from 5 days diving with him in the Bahamas with some 12 ft tiger sharks. Really fun. We were there shooting a special feature for the Sharkwater DVD, and a short film in it’s own right with the “Shark Angels” – 3 beautiful and talented women from Sea Shepherd (Kim McCoy), Save our Seas (Alison Kock), and Shark Savers (Julie Anderson).
visit sharkangels.com for more info.
The main goal was to show women diving with supposed “man eaters” in their natural environment to show that anyone can do what we did in Sharkwater, and to further the awareness so necessary to save our oceans.

8 Responses to “Tiger Sharks with Jim Abernathy and Shark Angels”

1. Calene Luczo November 27th, 2007 at 6:38 am

I can’t wait to see it. I wish I could have been one of the women divers down there…

I am just as passionate about sharks as you are – really… we have a similar story.

If you ever get a chance to read through your e-mails, I sent you one titled “for the love of sharks!” (at rob@robstewartphotography.com) responding to Sharkwater, the work you are doing, and how my experiences/education tie into that. Not sure if that is the right address or not, but if it isn’t, is there an e-mail address I could get in touch with you at? I’d really really like to help your cause and share the passion.

Thanks for everything!

-Calene 🙂

1. David April 15th, 2008 at 4:36 pm

Your post indicates that “We were there shooting a special feature for the Sharkwater DVD,” and I was wondering — did it actually make it on to the DVD? I just received my DVD yesterday but did not get a chance to play it. However, the “features” listed on the back of the DVD make no mention of the Sharkangels.

1. kia June 11th, 2008 at 7:37 am

OMG!!!!!! ever since i’ve watched shark water i’m like all about sharks! i even plan to grow up as a marine biologist! ♥rob stewart♥ is like my idol! his movie totally inspired me. how old is he anyway? not that i’m interested but ( he’s kinda hot! ) and girls who are reading this you’d probably agree with me. any ways…. SHARKWATER IS ASUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      ♥-KIA

1. Ariana June 25th, 2008 at 8:12 pm

Hey OMG I Love Shark Water, great movie. I dont get it how people can be soooooo mean. Sharks didn’t do anything to them and they Kill then for NOTHING but there fins. Then they throw the rest or the shark back into the water. That kills them if there not already dead. My kitten hid under the pillow when they where cutting the fins off (in the movie).

1. Ariana June 25th, 2008 at 8:15 pm

I love sharks!!!!!!

1. Krein June 14th, 2011 at 2:05 am

Hi, dear sir. What an interesting article, would you mind reading my blog to?

1. Milks June 19th, 2011 at 2:30 pm