Critics Choice Awards!!! (14 Comments)

Sharwater was nominated for the critics choice awards for best documentary! So exciting! We’ll be there crossing our fingers in January! Manifest for us!

14 Responses to “Critics Choice Awards!!!”

1. Shiva Javdan December 16th, 2007 at 8:10 pm

I finally got to see the movie today! And it deserves EVERY award it receives and more!

Congratulations Rob on all the success!!

1. Andy D December 19th, 2007 at 10:22 am

I can’t read enough about this film … if only I could see it… What is wrong with the limited release of this film? Tell Big Brother to let it fly…the people need to be educated!!

Can I contact locat theaters to help?

1. Brendan M December 23rd, 2007 at 5:51 pm

Just saw this the other day with my family and had a great time. Very well put together!

1. Delaney December 27th, 2007 at 4:35 pm

Please, where can I see this movie in Indiana? Is it, or will it be available on DVD?

1. jennifer December 28th, 2007 at 8:42 am

Hey Rob,

me as a kitesurfer I love the ocean. All the beauty and the feeling of peace when I look down in the great wide blue.As a girl I do not like sharks that much, but I respect them! I will never forget that one morning when I was out on the water and the wind slowed down. My kite was about to drop and I saw a shadow under my board.. you can imagine what that was.. a reef shark.. amazing and scaring and absolutly unique.
      Great movie! Many People around he world should see it..
      I will support it!

Love and peace

1. Claire December 30th, 2007 at 10:05 am

Just heard about the movie. I love sharks and it’s great to know that some people try to change their image.
      I work in a new public aquarium in France so we don’t have to much contacts with other aquariums till now ( otherwise I would have been in Brest last month ).
      Anyway, I try to change people’s opinion about sharks everyday at work because it’s so important and I feel really involved in this.
      This movie will probably make a lot of difference so thank you. Hope I’ll manage to see it soon.
      Take care

1. Kelly January 2nd, 2008 at 3:38 pm

I have been waiting so long to see this film. When will it hit the east coast – specifically Georgia? I am an avid diver and have loved sharks for a while now. Once you see the magnificent creatures in the water, swimming up from the deep, you realize just how beautiful they are. I have been telling everyone about this film but when it will open in Atlanta. Now I read that it is back in Canada. What about Atlanta, Georgia??

Desperate to see the movie – Kelly

1. Jackie January 2nd, 2008 at 7:41 pm

I am waiting for this masterpiece to come to Delaware — or Philly. When, when, when?

1. Brianne January 13th, 2008 at 11:54 pm

Rob,

Do you know how amazingly wonderful it is as a teacher to have students who hate to read pick up the Sharkwater book and finally get excited about coming to class? The movie poster hangs in my classroom, and my students want to know everything about you and sharks. Great job!!

Bri ~

1. Brenda January 22nd, 2008 at 1:02 pm

This is so awesome for the film to be nominated! Even if it does not win, it’s still some great recognition for all the work.

Still waiting to see the film myself here in Michigan.

1. Benedict Chia January 24th, 2008 at 11:37 am

Hi Rob, I just watched your film in a local (Singapore) cinema. Your film packs a powerful message. Great documentary, but screened on a few pathetic smaller cinemas… none of the large cineplexes screened it. Its run probably is going to be very short too.

I am one of the guilty Asians who were supporting the sharks fin trade. We were taught from young that sharks fin is a local delicacy. But ignorance is not an excuse. I will not touch sharks fin again. Its a very regular dish at chinese weddings…

The guy you featured in the film is a perfect example of the mindset of older Chinese population. Only a few enlighten ones will ever see the truth behind sharks fin.

Suggestion:
      If possible, engage some professionals to add Chinese sub-titles in your film. Or, if you prefer, I’ll help you get some help to do it. The main culprit stems from the massive demand in Sharks fin soup from Asian dishes. If this documentary cannot be screened in other parts of Asia that supports the sharks fin trade… then, leave a copy of the film (with sub-titles) on a popular bit-torrent site and let it fly! Hell, less $ from DVD sales, but your message will at least get to a few thousand/million younger Chinese viewers. Also, it might help your fellow American viewers (e.g. in remote parts of Idaho) who have hard time finding a cinema that screens it.

Its encouraging to see that 16 countries already supporting your cause. Why not be ambitious and get a country to ban imports of sharks fin altogether? Kill off the demand, and the supply will cease naturally. Our Singapore government prides itself in doing the right thing, and corrupt free. So, none of those corruption things you featured will ever be tolerated over here. Maybe you can even help us ban sharks fin altogether… (Hey, we gained international ‘fame’ by banning chewing gum). If positioned right, e.g. in a way that helps our youth Olympics IOC bid… Who know’s … it just might work since we want it so bad.

Keep up the good fight!
      – Benedict Chia (Singapore)

1. Courtney January 26th, 2008 at 8:35 pm

Good luck!!

1. karina April 20th, 2008 at 5:19 pm

gracias por este maravilloso film , y por poner en nuestros ojos la realidad de la vida submarina!
      y lo fragil que puede ser si no hacemos algo!!
      gracias por el trabajo de toda la gente que participo en el film.
      karina!

1. Andrew. November 1st, 2008 at 6:20 pm

Hi Rob

you have inspyerd me.now my topic is Sea I have done 16p and I am still finishing of p16.My page titl is cool crab’s.