Mr. Stewart goes to Washington! (9 Comments)

Rob Stewart and the team from Sharkwater Productions are heading to Washington DC for the PowerShift ’09 Convention February 27- March 2, 2009.

PowerShift’09 is an event that brings youth, activists and the leaders of the climate and clean energy movement together for a weekend of seminars, panels and action planning. Participants are encouraged to join workshops and panels that are designed to infuse young leaders with new skills, networking, new ideas and employment opportunities. The forum concludes with an action rally at Capitol Hill when the participants send their message to political leaders and demand immediate federal climate action. PowerShift demands that the federal government: invest in a clean energy economy, cut global warming pollution immediately, end our dependence on dirty energy, take dirty money out of politics, and re-engage as a leader in the international community.

Attending this monumental event is important to Rob as it provides key research opportunities for his next documentary Rise Again. The film explores how humans are going to survive the next 100 years and points to revolutions of the past to hopefully further the most important revolution of our time, saving humanity. Rise Again will take audiences on an incredible journey working with conservation groups to protect the planet, ecosystems, and ensure survival of our species.

For more info on Powershift ’09 please visit : http://www.powershift09.org/

9 Responses to “Mr. Stewart goes to Washington!”

1. Chris Furtado March 7th, 2009 at 5:35 pm

wow we need more people like Rob and his team GO GO GO 😉

1. Ashley March 7th, 2009 at 7:20 pm

Could not agree more.

Can’t wait to see Rise Again.

1. Celle March 10th, 2009 at 4:06 am

Can’t wait to see Rise Again too! How can I help?

1. Anonymous March 13th, 2009 at 1:51 pm

I LOVE YOU ROB STEWART!!!

1. Anonymous March 13th, 2009 at 1:57 pm

Cut your hair like it was in the movie … and shave your mustache!! Please then you will look hotter than you are now!!! All of the girls in my class screamed when they saw you … your soo hott!!! I LOVE YOUR MOVIE!!! AND BECAUSE YOU LOVE SHARKS I NOW LOVE SHARKS!!!

1. lindsay March 21st, 2009 at 8:06 pm

i loved the movie!!!
      their is so many ways on how we can help and volenteer.
      sharks need to live. if we had no sharks our food chain would be out of wack,what sharks eat would increase and what they ate would decrease.
      you should talk to your school about to stop killing sharks!!

1. Eduardo March 25th, 2009 at 3:48 pm

Dear Sharkwater Production,
      Congratulations for the great job you have done!!!!!!
      I been seeing how shark populations had been decreasing in the Mexican
      waters and I believe that it is very important to stop the shark
      hunting and depredation but I see the problem like the drugs problem,
      besides trying to stop the fishermen we should work on the
      consumptions, as this would increase as the Chinese economy keeps
      growing, if we want to keep sharks in the seas we should start making
      conscience among the main consumers and change their culture of eating
      shark soup as an status of wealth and progress.
      My regards to your bravery and stand up actions against this
      depredation and my friendship and admiration to you all!!!!

1. Melody March 30th, 2009 at 1:54 am

I am so proud of you and your team for continuing to fight for the rights of sharks and our ecosystem.

Will your campaigns include visiting Vancouver and Richmond cities of British Columbia, Canada? Or will your movie be translated into Chinese and aired on our Asian TV networks? We have a large Chinese population here and I feel they either do not understand, or choose to ignore, the heart-wrenching realities of the sharks.

I am Chinese and my family and I refuse to take part in consuming sharkfin soup.

1. Anarghya Ganguly May 29th, 2011 at 5:58 am

Theres evidently so much for me to be taught exterior of my books. Thanks for the fantastic read,Good post. Thanks. Youve gotten brought some clarity to something I have been attempting to determine out.