Rob Stewart empowers over 1,000 students in live Web Conference (49 Comments)

On March 3rd, 2009 Rob Stewart addressed over 1,000 school students in a North America wide web conference. Over 30 schools held private screenings of Rob’s award-winning film Sharkwater and spent several days engaged in numerous educational activities surrounding the movie and the conservation of the world’s oceans.

This rare opportunity brought students together from Hawaii to Ontario and allowed them to communicate directly with Rob to ask many of the burning questions they had collected after researching sharks and watching the movie. Rob did not disappoint! Not only did Rob answer the student’s questions, he inspired a generation of kids to stand up for what they believe in and guided them in how to make positive changes in their world.

Like a true hero, Rob empowered, taught and shared and made a real difference in the lives of those who he spoke with.

To see the interview click here.

49 Responses to “Rob Stewart empowers over 1,000 students in live Web Conference”

1. Christian April 23rd, 2009 at 11:36 am

Dear, Robert Stewart

Thank you for taking time to video conference with us. I enjoyed the movie “Shark water”. I thought that it was interesting how many people have the wrong idea about sharks. I also feel that long line fishing is a terrible way to fish. The most effective part of the movie to me was when I saw the way they would throw the sharks back into the water ALIVE after fining them. I also felt bad when the sea turtle was being tortured. I agree that the reason why people keep killing sharks is because they do not realize the harm that they are causing to the environment and to our future generations. I think that “Shark Water” will have a big impact in china and help people realize that we need to stop mistreating the ocean and all of its creatures.

1. Catherine April 23rd, 2009 at 11:38 am

Dear Rob and Tyler,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to speaking to you. Also, thank you for answering all of our questions we had. Now that i have watched the movie Shark Water, i want to support sharks as well. I think that the love you have for sharks touches me because they are very beautiful animals. One day i want to see sharks because now i understand that they are more afraid of us then we are of them. Your movie helped me understand that sharks are very nice animals. I would love to save them. So thanks again! hope to see another movie of yours!!!

1. Sarah April 24th, 2009 at 11:32 am

Dear Rob and Tyler,
      Thank you so much for everything. For taking time to set up the Video conference and everything. I also learned a lot from the movie “shark water”. I learned a lot about sharks that would have never even have imagined. Thank you for trying to save as many sharks as you can, and your dedication. You have inspired a lot of people/children. Keep up the good work!

1. Alex A of Suffern Middle School April 24th, 2009 at 11:33 am

Dear Rob Steward and Tyler Cave,

Rob, I like the movie ” Shark Water ” it was great. The facts and history you gave in the movie I never knew. I always like sharks, but I was scared to meet one because I thought I would get eaten. I’m happy you made the movie because now people who saw probably are trying to save sharks. Now I’m going to stick to signing papers to not kill sharks, but when I’m older I will do so much more. We both can’t wait till shark fining is illegal all over the world. hope to see your directing work again. You answered all my questions. Thanks for everything.
      Tyler, I like the video conference the you put up. Rob answered all my questions thanks to you.
      I hope you will help Rob, in his quest to make shark fining illegal. thanks for your time to set up the conference. You guy’s are the best.

1. Max D April 24th, 2009 at 11:33 am

Dear Rob
      Thank you for taking your time to sit down with us and answer our questions about your life and sharks you taught me that shark are very important in our life and world

1. Eric L April 24th, 2009 at 11:35 am

Dear Mr. Tyler Cave & Mr. Robert Stewart,
      Thank you for taking time at of your busy every day lives to come and answer our questions. I learned alot about sharks and now im not afraid to be associated with them. I learned that sharks have a bad reputation and we could not survive without them. I hope Rob ha much more success on future documantrys and im anticipated for seeing “Shark Water”. Also I hope Tyler as much more success in future video confrences.

1. Caleb W April 24th, 2009 at 11:36 am

Dear Rob and Tyler,
      Thank you for exploiting the dangers in fining.
      Also I thank you fort having the video conference with us. It was very informative. I hope that your message will go out to the whole world. Lastly Good luck with all your future events. I am looking forward to seeing more of your movies.

1. Doug K April 24th, 2009 at 11:38 am

Dear Rob Stewart and Tyler Cave

Thank you for giving me the chance of asking you all the questions I had. that was very nice that you did that. thank you Tyler for allowing this all to happen it was really fun. thank you Rob for all the great things you showed me about sharks i always thought that they would eat me the second they saw me and now I will not be afraid to even swim with them but I think that its so bad that sharks are being killed just for their fins and if the sharks die the there will be alot more co2 in the air.

1. Sammy April 24th, 2009 at 11:39 am

Dear Tyler and Rob,

My name is Sammy Gombach and I go to Suffern Middle School. In my science class we watched the movie “SharkWater” I thought it was an amazing movie and I learned so much from it. No due to your movie I refuse to eat any kind of fish or sea food. Thank you very much for making this movie I learned things about sharks and the eco-system that I think that I would have never known. Also I would like to thank Tyler Cave for making the video chat possible I thought it was a really great idea also it was nice to know about some new things coming out and some more facts. I was also wondering if there was more that I could do to help indangered sea animals. Thank you so much!

1. Amanda S April 24th, 2009 at 11:40 am

Dear Rob and Tyler,

Thank you so much for talking to us, and answering our questions about sharks and our enviornment. I learned a lot and so have my classmates. I used to be afraid of sharks, but now I know that they are shy, innocent creatures that are important to our enviornment. I want to start getting involved now. I want to join the fight to help sharks, and other sea creatures that are dying because of us. I’m glad I got to talk to you guys, and hear about your experiences.

1. Alexandra April 24th, 2009 at 11:40 am

Dear Rob and Tyler,
      My name’s Alexandra, from SMS, and I wanted
      to thank you. Thank you for doing the video chat with our
      school. Thank you, Rob, for making that movie,
      Sharkwater. It helped teach people why we shouldn’t
      harm them. For our questions, thank you for
      answering them and helping us learn how to help save
      sharks from being captured. It’s sweet how you like
      to help the sharks and I’d like to thank you for that.

1. Amanda O April 24th, 2009 at 11:41 am

Dear, Rob
      I just want to say thanks for doing the video chat and teaching us about sharks, sharks are my favorite animal, and knowing what there going through is horrible. Watching your video made me want to go out and do something to make people stop these things from happening. I think what your doing is great and more people should do it to. So again, thanks for everything and i learned a lot.

1. Doug April 24th, 2009 at 11:42 am

Dear Tyler Cave and Rob Stewart,
      Thank you for talking and answering others and my questions. I never thought about all the sharks in the world the same way I do now. also thank you tony for setting up the whole meeting for us it was fun.I now think about sharks as mostly harmless to people.

1. Brian April 24th, 2009 at 11:42 am

Thank you Rob and Tyler for being in that confrence with us. I have learned many thing. Also im going to try my best to save the sharks.I think you did a good job on the video and im looking forward to the next videos. Thanks again.

1. Shay ( Shaelene) April 27th, 2009 at 3:51 pm

dear Rob,
      I think it’s great what you did you went to schools and told people about sharks and what condition they are living in and what danger they have to face every day and the danger is humans. it’s a decrace what they have done to the sharks and other animals in the ocean. I really believe in what you believe about sharks and greatly think you will suceed in life what you want most if you keep puting youself out there in the world. I honestly believe that sharks are the greatest animals on the earth and we need them more then other people think. I LOVE SHARKS AND LOVE YOU FOR LOVING SHARKS!!!!!! If I wasn’t as young and sick as I am I would be more involved I what I believed in.

1. Adriana April 28th, 2009 at 10:12 am

Dear Rob,
      I really enjoyed watching the webcast you did with the students. I was invited to watch by Mr. Cave. My question is, as an informal educator how do I inform the public and school groups about the trouble sharks are having without all the doom and gloom. This information can get overwhelming and maybe turn off some people from helping. I really want to help your efforts and inform my community. Do you have any advice? Thank you.

1. Melanie April 28th, 2009 at 12:55 pm

1. Zack April 28th, 2009 at 1:02 pm

Dear Rob,
      I think the movie was interesting. I learned so many new things about sharks. I also feel sorry for your leg. I hope your ok. Also, how are you? You inspired me about learning more about sharks. I also got a question, did the sharks ever try to hurt you or did you make friends with them?

Sincerly,
      Zack

1. Sean kelly April 28th, 2009 at 1:05 pm

Dear Rob,
      I loved the movie a lot. The parts I didn’t like were when they were finning the sharks. It was discusting and when the kids were swinging the cut-off shark head. Another part I didn’t like was when those other people didn’t listen to stop finning the sharks. The parts I liked were when you were swimming with the sharks. The sharks looked awesome. Another part I liked is when you were trying to save the sharks and the whales. Another part I liked was when you were feeding the sharks. Another part I liked was seeing the whales!

From,
      Sean Kelly

P.S. Were you scared when you got the red line down your leg?

1. Patrick Albert April 28th, 2009 at 1:06 pm

Dear Rob,

I thought the movie was a really good experience becasue I used to be afraid of the water because of sharks but when you know them a little bit more they are very cool. Also what I really liked about it was how you really wanted those sharks to be in no harm from the people who were finning. It tought me a lot and I learned not to be afraid of something if you don’t know anything about it. Also, I really hope your leg is okay because if you didn’t make it there would be thousands of sharks killed. Are you still in the group? I hope so because it is so nice. I hope you write back.

From,
      Patrick Albert

1. Miainzicillo April 28th, 2009 at 1:07 pm

Dear Rob,

When ever I go on vacation to somewhere warm, my dad alaway’s tell’s me not to go far out in the ocean.He think’s that shark’s will eat you. I used to think that too after watching jaws. Sharkwater made me realize that shark’s only bite you when you do something that make’s them mad. The funny thing is that shark’s are scared of us then where scared of them. How do you even get a shark to come close to you? I would never be brave enought to swimming in the same area as a shark. watching the shark’s get pulled out of the water by the big hock’s was really sad I almost cryed! why would anyone pull a shark out of the water, cut off it’s fin’s, and them throw them back in the water? They should use every single part of a shark if there going to kill them. Do you think you can stop people from killing shark’s? I think if everyone help , WE COULD!

1. Tom April 28th, 2009 at 1:08 pm

Dear rob,

Hi Rob i like the movie what i thought was sad was whan they took the turtle and pushed its eye’s in it was sad.
      i have a question? is long line fishing steel legal now. well thats it. from Tom tolkach

1. Melanie April 28th, 2009 at 1:08 pm

Dear Rob,
      You are very brave. You were almost dead and you didn’t give up. Sharks are scary because of what you hear from others. I didn’t want to see your movie until I saw the sad parts. It was funny when the turtles and seals were swimming and there was weird music on.
      Some questions I would like to ask you are:
      A: Did you get arrested by the coast guard?
      B: Why did you pull the IV line out of your arm instead of a nurse?
      C: Was your leg really amputated?

Thank you so much for telling me so much about sharks!

1. Samantha April 28th, 2009 at 1:09 pm

Dear Rob,
      The movie about shark’s was sad and cool. It was sad and unfair because shark’s were being killed just for their fin’s. The cool part was that shark’s don’t eat human’s and very rarely attack human’s either. I was also cofused because the people were doing eleagal shark finning to make soup,which I don’t get why they let the shark’s hover in the water without fin’s.

I have a question. why are shark’s so famous in the east? I remember from th e movie someone said that she wouldn’t have shark soup at her wedding, which probaly is a tradition to have shark soup on speacial occasion’s. Please try to write back and awnser my question.

Sincerly,
      Samantha

1. Amanda April 28th, 2009 at 1:10 pm

Dear Rob,

I thought your movie was so interesting. I learned so much about sharks but it’s a shame that they are becoming endangered just for money. I hated watching the parts when the people were finning the sharks and then just threw them back in the water. It was so disturbing to me and i even felt my stomach flip. How did you feel when you saw the ships killing innocent sharks?
      I feel that people in Costa Rica and other countries shouldn’t be finning the sharks. The sharks didn’t do anything to people. I think that people should get a closer look at the sharks. They are not as dangerous as people say. You even got up close and touched a shark and it didn’t bite you. How upset were you when you got the flesh eating disease and you didn’t get back with your crew to save the sharks? I felt so bad. Now because of you I find sharks to be one of my favorite animals!

From,
      Amanda!

1. Theresa April 28th, 2009 at 1:11 pm

Dear Rob,
      I use to be scared of sharks. I used to think the were flesh eating monsters! but when I saw your movie “Sharkwater” I relized they aren’t as scaru as they really seem. I guess they are just curious. I dont think that the shaks think what we think. We think we are going to get hurt by the shark. The sharks might think we are going to hurt them. I relized humans kill sharks more then the sharks hurt us. I am glad someone is doing something about it.

Did you ever get hurt by a shark? I wonder, did you think the sharks is ever going to trust you or you had to have time to win the sharks trust? Every time I watch Jaws I think the shark is going to hurt everyone who swims in will get devored by a shark! A weird thing is no matter how many times I’ll watch “Sharkwater” I will still be affaid of the sharks.

From Theresa

1. Andres April 28th, 2009 at 1:14 pm

When I first saw the movie Sharkwater, I though it was going to be how to defend yourself against sharks’s, but then I saw the other part’s and it was SO sad. I thought shark’s were dangerous. Now I know that they are not! So why would hunter’s just kill them for fin’s? They sould know that without shark’s our whole ecosystem would be out of order.
      When will you stop hunter’s for killing shark’s? If you dont the world will end! Please stop them soon!

From: Andres 🙂

1. Mya April 28th, 2009 at 1:16 pm

Dear Rob,
      Yesterday we saw your movie “Sharkwater”. It was so upsetting but also interesting. I alway’s thought shark’s are dangerous animal’s to come near. But since your movie, now I know shark’s are harmless creature’s. The part when everybody on that boat were killing shark’s and turtle’s, T almost cried. When I get older I want to save the shark;s just like you were doing. by the way, how many countries is there that shark’s finning is illeagle in? hoped you liked my letter. Write back soon

Sincerly,
      Mya

1. Samantha April 28th, 2009 at 1:18 pm

Dear Rob,

Hi! I reallly love sharks they are my second favorite animal, my first is a blue whale. I thought Sharkwater was very sad, I can’t belive what people do to sharks, to me it is sad, but it was a cool film. So, to help sharks around the world me and my friend made a club that is named SSF. It means Save Sharks Forever. I hope my clue would do wonders around the world. My dream is to be a marine biologist, I love animals they rock. I have a lot of questions for you so i hope you can answer a few of my questions!
      1. What is your favorite sea animal?
      2. How did you hurt your leg?
      3. How can we stop people from hurting and killing sharks?
      I would love for you to share you bio with me from sharks! BYE 🙂
      And I hope your leg gets better!

From,
      Samantha

1. Brandon April 28th, 2009 at 1:20 pm

Dear Rob,
      Before, I thought that sharks were horrible. I was scared, especially after watching Jaws! I wouldn’t go in water. After watching Sharkwater, I wasn’t scared anymore. I was mostly convinced when you were holding a shark and then you started to pet him. Also, he let you! That must have taken a lot of guts. Were you scared when you went back to Costa Rica after just escaped house arrest? Do you still try to protect sharks? If so, are you doing it with Paul? Was it really frustrating when you were in the hospital? i personally think you were doing the right thing. Also, I don’t want sharksto be extinct.

-Brandon

1. Sean April 28th, 2009 at 1:21 pm

Dear Rob,
      I loved your movie! Sharkwater taught me that sharks are really not trying to kill people. I also learned that sharks kill less people than a lot of other animals/things. I can not belive that people were just killing sharks for profit and their fins. Another thing I can not belive is that have been around for over 400 billion years, thats longer than dinosaurs!
      Which kill more; sharks killing humans or humans killing sharks? Did you get your leg and/or hip chopped off? How did you film the sharks underwater?

Sincerely, Sean. 🙂

1. Nicole April 28th, 2009 at 1:21 pm

Your movie was amazing! The way I felt about shark’s first was that if you fall in the ocean, if they see you they would come eat you:(. when I saw your movie, I know that I was no longer afraid of shark’s like I was before! I felt the same way you did when the shark’s were getting finned and after put them back in the OCEAN! i Would never ever eat soup with shark fin’s in them!

Dont give up the shark’s are your family:)
      From: Nicole 🙂

1. Trevor April 28th, 2009 at 1:22 pm

Dear Rob,
      I thought that it was cool that you tried to help sharks. Before I saw Sharkwater, I thought sharks were very bad fish that killed people. After I saw Sharkwater I relized that sharks are not that bad. The sharks looked cool.

I think that It’s horrible for the sharks when they lose their fins from people who are Finning sharks. Do people still fin sharks? If the do, I hope they stop. I would hate if I was shark and someone killed me.

All the fish,sharks and whales you showed in shark water looked really cool especially the whale. I’ve never seen a real whale until I watched Sharkewater. Well, good luck on helping more sharks.

From,
      Trevor

1. Zoe April 28th, 2009 at 1:22 pm

Dear Rob,

I loved your movie. I felt so bad for the sharks. I have loved sharks all my life, since I was little I always told my dad when he went on his friends boat to bring me home videos of sharks. I think after watching your movie everyone has more respect for the seas and the animals. I think that shark finning is mean, cruel, and gready of everyone to just take the fins and dump the bodys into the oceans. Even if people are so afraid of sharks we should let them be instead of killing them. I think killing whale sharks is the worst, because there isn’t a lot of them and they don’t harm humans and their so amazing! How big is the whale shark and why dosen’t it eat anything but plankton? I think sharks are fantastic animals that should be for everyone to see. I hope everyone will stop killing sharks and start helping them live and survive!

From,
      Zoe

1. Gina April 28th, 2009 at 1:26 pm

Dear Rob,

I saw your shark movie in school. Before I saw Sharkwater, I was always scared of sharks. but I never new they were more scraed of us then we are of them. But after I saw how much danger they were in I’m not as scared of sharks. How did you gain so much confidence to go in the ocean and swim with sharks? I never new sharks were one of the longest living animals that are still living!! How do sharks live in the ocean for so long? It’s very nice to see how you and more people can help sharks today! 🙂

From,
      Gina

1. Sammy April 28th, 2009 at 1:28 pm

Dear Rob,
      Before I saw ytour movie about shark’s, I always thought shark’s were these big scary creature’s. But now, I see they are these big, beautiful, graceful creature’s. And now I see that it isn’t fair for their lives to end so soon, just for a soup, or wealth. Shark’s are the king’s of the ocean, and since they are becoming endangered, there might not be a throne for the shark’s anymore.

In your movie, I saw you try to stop finning shark’s. Did you ever reach your goal or succed? If you did I would love to hear about it.
      Good luck 🙂
      – Sammy

1. Matthew April 28th, 2009 at 1:28 pm

Daer Rob,

WOW! How amazing was that movie? When I was a little I thought that sharks were dangerous. All thanks to that movie now i want to swim with sharks. I would give the movie a 10 out of 10!
      How long did it take you to make Sharkwater? It must of taken a long time. Are you going to make another movie? I hope you do because I really liked Sharkwater! Where you actilly underwater?
      I thought it was unfair that your leg got hurt and that the guys in the boat finning sharks didn’t go to jail. I wish that I was in the movie playing a part like you!

Sincerly, Matthew. 🙂

1. Arif April 28th, 2009 at 1:33 pm

I loved your movie, my feeling’s changed about shark’s. Now I think people are scary. There was one thing that I didn’t like, it was when those two boys were playing with a hammerhead sharks head. That part was strange. Your movie inspired me. Now I want to help the sharks. I hope you can stop other coutries from finning off sharks fins.
      I have one question for you. How were you able to get so close to sharks without them hurting you? Please write back!

Sincerely Arif! 🙂

1. Summer April 30th, 2009 at 7:03 pm

Dear Rob,
      My class and I were just introduced to the idea of sharks being in danger. The way your movie hit our class was tremendous. We all agree that the shark finning and shark hunting has to stop or we all are going to suffer.
      Our teacher stumbled upon your movie and showed us some stuff on your website. The movie caught our attention because of the way you were so intent on trying to get people to notice this flaw in our ways. Our teacher (David whitney) mentioned that he was excited by how you were not only trying to save sharks, but trying to warn the people that by killing them ,they would be killing something that helps to keep us alive.
      Like I said before, our class would love to help spread awareness around the towns we live in. We were thinking of a presentation of some kind that we could have in our school gym. It would help us raise money for a donation to help the sharks. We also wanted to know if you had any ideas that would help get our small community aware of these problems that we are facing.

Thanks a ton,
      The sixth grade class of West Marin Elementary :]

1. Corey Vick May 1st, 2009 at 1:56 pm

I would like to start by saying that the human race is disgusting. I can’t believe that these things are happening all over the world and it seems like nobody cares. Your movie made me cry, sharks are one of the most beautiful creatures on this earth. I’m saddened by our ocean’s state and scared for my daughter. I believe she will never see a shark in the wild. My family and I are divers as well and have noticed a significant decline in the marine life and their habitat. I will do anything possible to help you with your quest and I think you should be rewarded for all your fantastic efforts. Love the sharks…bad karma to poachers. Please let me know if there is anything you require and I would love to hear from you!!! My daughter and I think you are awesome. Thank you!

1. Jackie DiPasquale May 1st, 2009 at 8:21 pm

Rob —

I can’t tell you how impressed I am with what you have done by making this film. It takes outrage to make people act, and that is what you make the viewer feel. The carnage and cruelty is overwhelming, and the senselessness of it all makes one sick.

I have just shown it to my 75 fifth graders and they were overwhelmingly shocked and changed by what they saw. This is my second year showing it, and last year’s reaction was the same. I may be able to send you a sizable cadre of activists in about 10 years.

Certainly you have made a film that changes the viewer forever. What an amazing young man you are with an unusually strong sense of purpose. Thank you for taking up this cause. I hope beyond words that things turn around for sharks. It will be because of you.

Jackie DiPasquale
      5th Grade Science Teacher
      MOT Charter School
      Middletown, DE

1. Alex May 1st, 2009 at 9:16 pm

Dear Rob,
      I think what you are doing is amazing because when i saw your movie i cryed like 9 times and you are awsome.when i heard the part when they kill the whole butiful shark just for 2 fins and the rest of it dies i cryed like bawling and you are great and i thought no one els liked sharks but me so then i watched your movie and i fond out someone out there likes them to.i even got a teddy shark and named it Rob after you.The weired thing i am 9 and youare like 30 and we like sharks i did this speach in school on sharks it was amazing i came in 1st.

from Alex age 9

1. Senna May 26th, 2009 at 4:32 pm

You should come to my school!

1. Rolland June 25th, 2009 at 5:49 pm

I wanted to say how inspired I am after watching “sharkwater”. I think it should be played in all schools all around the world. I think that it would make an excellent educational video in schools here in the UK. I know that if I had something like this when I was at school it would of made a difference. Considering the UK has a very large fishing industry and consumer market. I think by approaching the youths today and making them see that we must respect the water and help others see that we are only hurting ourselves in the long run. After all children are the future of our world, and if we do not teach them these values, who will? Hope to see more, thank you for helping me and my family appreciate life that exists around us each day.

1. Leslie June 30th, 2009 at 11:24 am

Dear Sharkwater crew,

I write you as my grade 12 biology class watches Sharkwater. Every semester, I use this movie as part of my Population Ecology unit. The students now start begging me to show it because they’ve heard from their friends how fantastic it is. It is the highlight of the semester for them. I teach at an international school, where approximately 60% of our population is Asian. After watching the film, my students have all said they will refuse to eat shark fin soup. Some have even written posts on their personal blogs about their new found convictions.

I want to thank you. There is no way that I can teach this material in a way that would affect my students as you have through this film. As much as they enjoy it, it makes an appreciable different in their lives. This is how true societal change is made – by mobilizing and empowering our young.

Thank you for allowing me to bring your film into my classroom,

1. Haley July 10th, 2009 at 11:42 pm

Hey Rob Stewart and Sharkwater team

My name is Haley Manning and I am 15 years old. I live on Vancouver Island and I was recently in an Extra Foods store when I noticed that they sold Shark Cartilage pills. I knew that I had to try to get them off so I wrote up a letter with my concerns and shark facts and gave it to the pharmacy manager. I didn’t get a response for two weeks so I sent my letter to the main office in Ottawa. A few weeks later I got a reply. Stores under Loblaw Companies name will no longer sell Shark Cartilage pills! I couldn’t beleive it! This is great! I just wanted to say that your movie was very amazing and motivating. If everyone works together wasteful products like this could no longer be sold. Here is a copy of the email they sent me if you would like to look at it. I love the ocean and sharks so much so I was very happy to hear this news. You guys are awesome.

Dear Haley Manning,

Thank you for taking the time to email us as we always appreciate hearing from our customers.

At Loblaw Companies, we strive to offer our customers excellence in customer service alongside offering superior products.

As a company, we are committed to providing our consumers with a wide range of high quality, safe foods that are produced, manufactured and sourced responsibly. We serve a wide range of customers, and are proud of our ability to offer a large variety of choices to meet their expectations.

We are in the process of reviewing our policies regarding the sale of critical seafood species and are currently developing a future sustainable fishing policy.

We appreciate the sensitivities around the item that were brought to our attention, and upon close and immediate review we have now discontinued the item and it will no longer be stocked after depletion of inventory.

As we value our customer feedback, we hope that we have addressed your concerns today and look forward to continuing to serve you.

Kindest regards,

Raj Rakhra
      Senior Customer Relations Representative
      Loblaw Companies Limited

1. Melisa July 13th, 2009 at 9:35 pm

I watched the movie called “sharkwater” and I absolutely agree to the plot! It’s the best documentary on earth! It really shows how evil the humans are, including myself ofcourse! We people usually talk about how dangerous it is to swim with sharks but in fact, we are the evil devils! we have destroyd and still destroy this beautiful land and its oceans.It is our duty to make the world good again! I dont want to judge anybody but thats the truth! we all are evil and the angels are animals….in fact humans are also animals but the distinction between us and animals are that we use our force/power! Animals dont do that!
      I watched the movie via internet on youtube.com. Im so interested of sharks and one day im going to meet them face to face´. If they still alive of course and i would like to make a improvement and i want and will do what ever I can to save them! In the film some guy plead that “your life changes when you meet the sharks live” Unfortunately I dont remember exactly what he said. I dont have a bad confidence, I always believe in myself but in the same way I hate myself. ´WHY?? Because I’m a human! who kill sharks? Human! who destroyed this world human! We dont even worth to exists in this wonderful land with its mysterious creatures! This isn’t our place. This world belings to the kind animals! And the only evil animals ón earth are humans!
      This documentary didnt change my life but it definently showed and proved how much we need the sharks, birds and so on! Man, seriously how in the world can we permit ourselfs to kill sharks (animals) for some dirty money???!!! of course we need money but, we also need to remember that when we die we Are going to left our body BEHIND us in this life and take only our soul to the next life. why would I feel lucky to take my soul when I know that my soul is dirty! My soul is filthy and it does not worth anything! How can I than kill something so beautiful as sharks to get money when I dont have a worth! its the opposite! I am guilty a lot! DONT think that I cut sharks fins, I only try to express my feelings! DAMN, (sorry if I swear a lot)when I watched the movie I couldnt believe my ears, eyes, feelings etc. Previously I said that I’m véry interested of sharks and other animals and when I saw the title “sharkwater” my first thought was “Yes, another documentary that talks about sharks, must be a lucky day!” But later on, I realized that the movie I was watching, talked about our bad behaviours and the future of the animals and ahhhhh! seriously Im pissed off! How can some b*st*rd cut off the fins of a creature for money and than threw it back to ocean??? I usually don’t cry but when i saw the scene of a finless sharks, lay down to the buttom of the ocean. You must be made of stone if you dont get angry, sad etc. when you watch the scene! It’s terrifying and evil and aaahhhhhhhhhh! ( I dont mean that cry is geeky or weak, we show our feelings in different ways)
      because of that sight and this great movie, I CANNOT LOOK AT ANY ANIMALS! i FEEl horrible! That shark could be my sister or even worse…I could be that shark!

1. sarah October 15th, 2009 at 3:11 pm

rob, im doing a project on shark finning could you tell me what songs you use? that would be great

1. Gary December 3rd, 2009 at 1:56 pm

Hi Rob, here is my words of truth.

I am sadden by another situation in this world that humankind will destroy what this beautiful planet is providing for us. I am a father of three beautiful children and am really worried about their future. This generation is destroying our chances of survival and for the many generations to come if we do not stop the tragedies that we has a human race is doing to this planet. I have just seen the movie shark water and was sickened by this. Killing these beautiful creatures for their fins and dumping them back into the ocean to bleed to death for SOUP. Even though it is just used for texture. I just don’t get it anymore. The sharks have survived on this planet for 400 million years, and the last decade, they have been hunted for human pleasure and will not survive another decade. To all the people in the world, when will we has human beings realize that greed and money will destroy our very existence on this beautiful planet. I am only one voice and we need more voices to be heard, so the governments of the world can do something before its to late. Listen to me and to the many voices of the world. Please. I really feel sorry for all of us.

Concerned Father.