The Toronto Zoo hosts FREE Sharkwater screenings! (6 Comments)

Sharkwater will be featured in August as part of the Toronto Zoo’s Conservation Awareness Weekends!

On Saturday August 8th – Sunday August 9th and Saturday August 22nd- Sunday August 23rd, there will be 3 screenings each day at 11:30am, 1:30pm and 3:30pm FREE with your admission to the zoo.

Don’t miss this incredible opportunity to see this award winning film, learn about shark conservation and visit the new Sharks at Stingray Bay exhibit!

The gift shop will also be featuring Sharkwater DVDs, BluRay disc and Rob Stewarts photobook “Sharkwater: An Odyssey to save the Planet”. Own your copy TODAY!

The Toronto Zoo is located on Meadowvale Road, just North off exit #389 on Highway 401 in Toronto

6 Responses to “The Toronto Zoo hosts FREE Sharkwater screenings!”

1. Florencia P. August 13th, 2009 at 4:01 pm

I saw your documentary after spending a day snorkeling in Cabo Pulmo in Baja California. It was late at night and as I was flipping through the channels for something to put me to sleep, I found your film and 3 days later, I am still thinking about it. I was completely unaware of sharks being killed for their fins and utterly ignorant they were in such danger. I felt a lot of shame for the human race. I will never be able to look at the sea in the same way.

Thanks for educating us, thanks for showing sharks under a different light and making such a beautiful and moving film!

1. kathy north August 19th, 2009 at 6:32 am

I have just seen Sharkwater and have been deeply affected by it.
      What are we doing to this beautiful planet?
      Why are we so greedy? I had no idea that finning was going on on this scale. They have got to be stopped.We are all responsible if we do nothing. Thankyou for your amazing film. Have you approached the BBC?

1. Stephanie Hammett August 20th, 2009 at 11:09 pm

I watched your incredible film the other night. I spent a good deal of the time crying uncontrollably, blocking my view of the images on the film, and sick to my stomach at the utter horror of what we human beings do to those beautiful creatures. I am still crying today.

For years I’ve rationalized being a “Pescatarian”, have turned a blind eye and been willfully ignorant of the suffering of marine life so that I could enjoy my favorite sushi or fish tacos.

I thought that not eating lobster and crab (because they are cooked alive) was good enough. Now I must face the facts that a fish is a chicken is a cow is a dog is a human and that EVERY sea creature suffers when I eat seafood; I might as well eat a dolphin or a hammerhead shark if I’m going to eat salmon.

I’ve decided to be a strict vegetarian, it won’t be easy but I know it will be worth it.

Thank you for your film.

~Stephanie
      Los Angeles, California

1. Kolja September 4th, 2009 at 7:40 am

Until the 19nth of September, there are free Sharkwater screenings in the FB69 Gallery (Münster, Germany) 24hours round the clock. All during the Art Exhibiton “SAVE THE SHARKS!” – gathering donations for Seashepherd and to save the oceans. FB69 will continue to raise funds to save the oceans after the exhibition ends. For the oceans! Kolja

1. Katrina September 17th, 2009 at 8:10 pm

Seeing that movie made me think of sharks as a soft animal not a killer. To tell you the truth I was scared of them, the idea of a shark in the water scared me. But now I want to save them, the movie made me see the ocean in a different way. Trust me I’m going to get the word out, having so many friend that can help.

New-Brunswick, Canada

1. Janet November 22nd, 2009 at 1:14 am

I saw SharkWater, but please, where was the other side to your story? The asian guy who we couldn’t understand with subtitles? My first impression was that, that movie was made up to make it interesting! Does anybody think he was shot at? The flesh eating virus he conquered in a day(even though his clothes never changed that whole day!) What about when he sneaked back into the country but they were already protesting “save the sharks” (rob obviously made that happen). I just wish I could take that seriously. To me it was nothing but a joke, to help get people to jump on the shark crisis agenda. I recently saw a movie that asks the questions that Rob Stewart didn’t because he was afraid of what the repercussions would be. If the shark crisis is real, there’s no need to make up a whole movie to support it. I love his matter-of-fact 100 million sharks are killed every year. Where’s his proof?